Friday, October 07, 2005

 

I have been mulling over my experience of watching Serenity last week. Joss Whedon definitely has functional, if unstylish, camera work. The camera stays pretty still in his hands; you don’t see nearly as much movement as you do in a typical film, and it gives Serenity a made-for-TV feel. That being said, the characters are as lovable and the writing is as surprising as ever, so I didn’t really care. More Firefly is better than less Firefly.

There is an article in this week’s New York Press about the Suicidegirls website and the troubles its owners are having with models feeling mistreated. I remember browsing through S-Girls nearly two years ago, and feeling unaffected its attractions. The models all seemed to blur together to me: overly pale, slender women with very thick boot soles and too much hair dye. One man’s carbon-copy goth is another man’s fantasy.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?